grama is currently closed to submissions. We are interested, however, in curatorial proposals for themed individual issues. Send a 1-page abstract, along with information about writers you’d like to see included in your issue, to the email address listed below. Proposed issues should have a clear sense of grama‘s mission and work within the constraints below.
grama is interested in writing and art that engages critically with the contemporary and historic west and with contemporary innovative aesthetics. “The west” is a complex concept, and we welcome work that recognizes this.
- We are interested in poetry and artwork from or about the western United States, Mexico, and Canada. Please read about the magazine, and read an issue, to decide if grama is right for your work.
- We welcome work from BIPOC and LGBTIQ writers and artists and will refuse work that harms or exploits marginalized communities.
Please send poetry, nonfiction, critical essays, and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include a very brief bio AND a few words about your, or you work’s, connection to the west.
- For poetry, send 2-5 poems, no more than 10 pages total.
- For nonfiction and critical essays, send no more than 3000 words.
- We are not considering fiction at this time.
- For reviews, send 3-5 double-spaced pages. Reviews may be for any genre dealing with the west.
- For visual art, send 1-3 images.
- Please inquire about submitting work in other genres.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, but please alert us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We cannot accept previously published work. Rights revert to author upon publication.